Thursday, March 16, 2017

Fooled Us Again

Hi All

The weather has been playing tricks and fooling us. Couple days it's nice and just when you think Spring is here we go back into a deep freeze. Crazy stuff...Lucky for me my clients have been hanging tough..Thank You..

The key is buying and showing up with the right gear like Cabelas 5 mil.neoprene 1600mg bootfoots and yes it's heavy not so fashionable stuff but it keeps you warm, dry and alive for 8-9 hours on the water. Wading sweat pants and 1 pair of heavy socks Simms or Cabelas extreme. My Ice Armor gloves with the big wrist cuff, Waterproof Bomber style Crown-cap from Winnipeg Canada, Patagonia Arctic Puff coat with the hood. This is mostly what I wear to survive the really cold ones and fun fish all Winter November --March..The waders cover 75% of you and are a must and the best $225 you ever spent, everything else is personal preference.

On the really really nice days I hear the fish were littering the gravels. On those days I was either in the office or throwing streamers trying to get my big fly stolen by a big fish with friends. Water temps needed to be warmer to get those fish off the bottom and to chase better. We caught fish and moved some but it was never really on fire bite wise, just very enjoyable days to be on the water fun fishing..

My Open Guide days left in March are 19,20,22--26..The Spring Steelhead run is here with a great mix of new chrome fish, winter fish, and dropback hens..Brown and Rainbow Trout too.

Tight Lines
Clint










 

No comments:

Post a Comment