Monday, January 25, 2016

Winter Fun !

Hi All

Happy New Year 2016 has started off great...Had a great vacation in the U.P. snowmobiling for my annual deep power off trail run. It's lots of fun breaking trail in 5' of fresh powder. Even if you get stuck every so often it's worth it. This year was a little on the lite side with snow when we first arrived and even some icy corners on the groomed trails which is not normal in the U.P....By the time we left Calumet we had 30" of new snow on there 3' of base and Munising had 20" of new snow on there 2' base. Both places were waist deep with no crust in the middle. Groomed trail were no longer icy in the corners and were back to there A rating. When we first got there they needed snow and grooming and were a B or C in most places...The Snow fixed most of it..

When I got home on the 19th. we had a little warm up and the temps got all the way into the 20's out of the single digits and teens. It  felt good..I had Chris booked for 2 half days of fly fishing. It was cold but not to bad. We dressed right and Chris had bought the right gear..We grinded it out both days with indicators rigs and egg flies produced a Steelhead to the net each day and nothing on the nymphs we tried. Chris and I were Happy with that and we weren't skunked. Much of the first day was spent learning casting and mending the fly line and dealing with the never ending ice in the guides.

My basement project is nearly finished and my son Adam will be moving in this weekend. Adam made the Dean's list his first semester at Ferris and is liking his new school. I have a new ride for plowing the parking lot and cabins. I sold my 2004 Honda Rancher with a plow and bought a new Polaris 570 XP Ranger with a plow. It's a big change and improvement with a sealed cab, heat, wiper, and a bench seat. I had my Honda for 12 years of great service and hope the Polaris is just as reliable.









 

If your interested in a half or full day guide trip, I'm open a bunch of great dates this Spring and just watch the weather and pick the little warm ups for the Winter Steelheading..Spring will be here soon and the phones are not ringing off the hook yet but they will be soon. So get your Steelhead dates in the books and plan your trips..Winter will be over before you know it.

Tight Lines
Clint



No comments:

Post a Comment